Monday, June 18, 2007

high five Ms. Heath!!

so i natuarally had issues with financial aid again this quarter which for the first time ever was in fact my doing. however. my student account representative, a ms. stacy allen did not notify me until 5:33pm wednesday, june 13th, that, "Please be advised that your student account reflects a summer balance. Summer tuition fees were due June 1st. summer classes will be dropped on Thursday by the closing of business." awesome. yes, i did apply for FAFSA and my loan late, i realize this, but in my defense i was busy and i kept running into problems with my father's reported finances, etc. i mean what motivation do i have to do things on time, they always mess it up anyway, and quite frankly i feel like it was Stacy Allen's responsibility to let me know at the beginning of june that my payment hadn't been received, not less than 24hours before they drop my classes, by then it is practically too late. practically mind you, because i was willing to put over half of my bill on my credit card i was able to avoid this mess, but mostly it was because of Susan Heath. When i went to talk to Stacy Allen, she had just moments before i arrived gone upstairs, so she could not meet with me (can we say divine intervention), so instead i had to meet with Ms. Heath, who was very accomodating and understanding and without any argument (shocking!!!) got me all set up and ready to go. for the first time ever when leaving the bursar's office i was relieved instead of enraged, pretty amazing if i do say so myself. also the next day when i called Susan to follow up and make sure everything was good to go, she actually answered her phone. i have never been able to call Stacy Allen and actually talk to her. i have always had to leave a message, then she calls me back when i am at work or something, several hours later. i mean never, in all my four years have i been able to talk to her directly the first time i call over the phone. but i was able to with Susan. i just thank God, right when i went to see Stacy Allen, she went upstairs and i had to see Susan. it was definitely a God thing.

No comments: