Tuesday, May 22, 2007

seriously

so i just had a critique for my documentary class, and it went really well as they all have all quarter. the professor says things to me like, "Really great work" so on and so forth. So then when i stayed after for 5 minutes to ask a question, i find out he thinks my work is some of the weakest in the class. thank you, for telling me NOW after you JUST told me (literally minutes prior to this conversation) my series was GREAT. that i was GOOD TO GO. thank you for telling me i need to include people after the ENTIRE CLASS edited all of my people images out, and you said NOTHING. thank you for letting it slip out randomly at the end of class. thank you for your honesty. FINALLY.

it's pretty shocking i can no longer stand the photo department.

3 comments:

kendra said...

oh good grief.

i bet things like this wouldn't happen in ATLANTA. Hey, doesn't SCAD have a photo deparment in Atlanta? You should go there for your last quarter. I bet the faculty there is stellar. ;-)

I miss you, Angelina. I am sorry that the photo department has it out for you. :-(

LeaningAnimal said...

thanks girlie. there IS a certain professor in atlanta that taught me this incredibly underrated program called GoLive...

all of my inspiring and encouraging professors moved to atlanta, and now two of my best friends. there must be heroin in the water over there.

the SAV is going to suck without you guys.

kendra said...

why yes, yes it will. :-)